I met Dean at the local health food store in my town, which he owns, The Green Earth. A colleague and I used to run a healing clinic in the backroom where there are classes in yoga, qi gong, etc. and my first thought of Dean was just how generous he was. It was evident Dean wanted the health food store to be so much more – to be a place in the community where you could come find health in many ways. Talking with Dean you are immediately aware of how smart he is in business and in life. My 17 year old son recently had to interview someone in our community for an Anthropology paper and his words after meeting with Dean were, “that man is a genius”. Words like that don’t come out of a teenagers mouth often! Dean has a very loving nature with his wife, friends and everyone he meets and family is very important to him. He loves to talk to meet people and walking in his store you are immediately met with warmth. I know I can continue to learn a lot from Dean and am so grateful to have him in our community. It is my honor and absolutely privilege to bring you Dean who is aligned and forever inspiring!
AIM Spotlight for Dean Roberts
1) Please tell us a quote that you aim to live by- whether it be your own or from someone else that has inspired you.
“Every adversity has within it the seeds of an equal or greater benefit.”~ Napoleon Hill
When ever something goes in an unexpected direction I search out the good I can find in it.
2) Tell us about a moment when one of your greatest shifts occurred in your life or in one of your clients’ lives.
My biggest shift came one night during the mid-1960s. I was sleeping in a chair because of bronchitis. It kept me from laying in bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and used my meta-Hailer to relieve asthmatic symptoms then I lit a cigarette and sat there thinking. I was overweight, unhealthy, broke, and depressed most of the time. I realize I had to make major changes or die young. The next day I stopped smoking, stopped drinking, started exercising and reading about what to eat.
3) Please let us know and describe one to three things that you are passionate about in what you do – (for work or for play or both)
I am passionate about learning and hopefully, in the future, teaching.
4) If you could give one piece of advice, one action to take, or one tool to empower people right now what would that be?
Best advice I could give anyone is to study and practice. We can only act within the circle of our knowledge and skill set, the larger the circle the more options we have.
5) If you were to offer one of your services or products that best represents what you do, what would it be and how can the readers find out more?
Thank you spotlight guests for your words of inspiration!