Gratitude is one of the most powerful tools I know for shifting energy around any situation or relationship. So many times we are focused on what we don’t want, don’t like or are worried about what will be. We judge situations and deem them “bad” and also are our own toughest critics. We become wrapped up in our own minds and patterns of thought and sometimes days, weeks or even longer periods of time can pass without us taking that time to truly FEEL gratitude in us for all the things that ARE working in our lives.
My friend Zeenat, from Positive Provocations asked me to write a post (along with other blogging friends) that will be posted on her blog on her birthday, Saturday, September 28, 2013. Please visit to bask in Zeenat’s amazing healing and loving energy and her beautiful outlook on life and to send her birthday wishes! I am also including a very special offer and gift for her birthday via that post. Her request inspired me not only to write this longer post about gratitude with exercises but also to show my gratitude to my subscribers. If you book a session in the next 72 hours – before Wednesday 11PM Eastern Standard Time.. I will give you a 1/2 price rate on ANY service (and Yes, that WILL include multiple services). Just a little THANK YOU for your love and support over the years. You can visit my services page and my Akashic page for more information and look at my testimonials to learn about other’s experiences in working with me.
Having been so ill for over 6 years I remember clearly how easy it is to be caught up in all the things I couldn’t “do, be or have in my life” instead of focusing on what I DID have. I still maintain that gratitude was one of the most instrumental tools allowing me to heal myself in three short weeks. So how CAN we show gratitude and what are the easiest ways to bring this daily practice into your life? There are several ways I have found VERY effective to bring the MAGICAL energy of gratitude into your life:
1) Make a list – of the first 10 things that come to mind that you are grateful for. (There are ALWAYS things to be grateful for – a roof over your head, food, friends, family, a pet, the health that you DO have).
2) Make a list of 10 things you love about yourself. These can be hobbies that bring YOU joy or aspects of yourself.. are you a good listener? Kind? Generous? So often we repeat to ourselves what we DON’T like about ourselves – this is a powerful exercise in affirming our self love.
3) In the morning or at night before bed the mind is in its most receptive state. It is also the time we are known to “Worry”. Use this time to take a minute or two and reallllly think deeply about a few things you are grateful for and all the aspects that make that person or situation a gift in your life.
4) Tell someone that you care about that you are grateful for them. You will make their day and warm your own heart in the process.
5) Make a Gratitude Journal – at the end of every day or even sporadically during the day – write down things that made you smile, happy or brought a sense of relief to your life.
These are just a few simple and easy ways to express gratitude. There are many ways to express gratitude and as you begin to it raises your energetic vibration allowing MORE things to be grateful to come into your life. How do you express your gratitude toward life and all the wonderful things in it?